Friday, April 20, 2018

Re-Doing Clipboards


My sister and I have just recently done spring cleaning! She was cleaning out her room and came to me with a project idea!  So, today I'm going to be re-doing an old clipboard from several years ago! The clipboard had been used for a lot of projects so it won't require a lot of work! This project doesn't require an old clipboard and you can just use a new one! I don't recommend you use a plastic clipboard because the paint won't stick very well to it and it'll start peeling. So, let's get started!
  • Materials Needed:
    • A Clipboard 
    • Spray Paint (It doesn't really matter what type of paint you use as long as it sticks to the clipboard's surface)
    • Vinyl (To transfer the design over)
    • Painter's Tape 
    • Acrylic Paint 
  1. Start off by cleaning the clipboard's surface the best you can. (Try to get any glue or anything that would be sticking up and adding extra texture that you don't want.)
  2. Put painter's tape around areas that you don't want to get painted!
  3. Begin spray painting one side of the clipboard! I ran out of one color of spray paint so, I had to mix two spray paints which made a design.
  4. Let the paint dry and paint the other side of the clipboard. Make sure you paint the edges!
  5. Once the paint is dry, peel back the painter's tape (Unless you are going to spray paint the design on, then don't peel back the painter's tape)!
  6. Next, is the monogram or design part! To make this monogram more permanent, I used acrylic paint!
  7. Transfer the design over to where you want it on your clipboard.
  8. Apply the paint to the area of where the decal is. I used a paint sponge to apply the acrylic paint!
  9. Finally peel back your vinyl and painter's tape (If there is any still on the clipboard)!
        
This project is very similar to one of my past posts, Transferring a Design Without Heat Transfer. I hope you like this project and check back in next week for a new post!

No comments:

Post a Comment